Monday, April 23, 2012

Free wordpress themes for niche websites


I have some background when I state that you want to try to make each site as unique as possible.  Yes, its a little more work, but I believe its worth it.  Now when I build my sites, I do my best to use a different theme on each site.  I certainly have some repeats of themes that I really like; however, I do my best to switch it up.  Here are a list of both free and paid themes that I have used in the past for my niche websites.
1. Bluesense – This and Prosense are the 2 themes that I used on all of my sites initially.  Bluesense produces the best Click Through Rate I have ever seen.  However, lots of these sites got penalized.  I don’t think it was Bluesense per se that caused it, but the fact that I used the same theme (could have been any theme?) on all my sites. I don’t use these themes on new sites now.
2. Prosense Grey – Another free theme by DoshDosh, like Bluesense.  (Please note thatDoshDosh.com no longer appears to be a working site [which is really sad because it was an excellent blog] so these themes will not be up to date).
18 – 30. Fthemes.com – I have probably used over a dozen free themes from this site.  The only downside is they require links in the footer to their sites, the theme will be disabled if you mess with the links.  Or you can pay $19 to buy the theme without the links.